We have our own kitchen and are able to offer hot meals to our children that are cooked on the school site.
We try to encourage as many children as possible to have a hot meal at lunch-time and hope the following information is of help to you:
- All of the children in the Reception Classes and Years 1 and 2 are entitled under the Government run ‘Universal Free School Meal Scheme’ to receive a school meal every day – free of charge.
- Children of other year groups may be able to receive free school meals if Parents or Carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits: (If you think that you may qualify, please collect a form from the School Office.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part Vl of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not in receipt of Working Tax Credit and have a gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- If you are not entitled to receive school meals free they cost £2.20 per meal (£11.00 a week). All dinner money, for children in Y3-6 who have a paid dinner, should be paid in advance on ParentMail. If a child is absent any meals paid for are credited forward to future meals. Children are encouraged to try new foods, but no child is forced to eat!
- Alternatively, children can also bring a packed lunch clearly marked in a box or bag.
Latest School Menu
Autumn 2021 Menu (Under Review)