St. Christopher’s C of E Primary School has a school uniform and we expect the children to be dressed appropriately in clothes and footwear that enables them to take full part in all activities with fastenings that they can cope with themselves.
It is very important that all of your child’s clothing is clearly named – please remember that all red sweatshirts are identical! Please encourage your child to be responsible for their own belongings.
To ensure that we have a more affordable uniform solution for parents we are able to badge up uniform in the office using a steam press. This means that you can buy your uniform from any shop including Asda, Primark, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Oxfam superstore and at certain times of the year, we will run a second hand uniform shop at school.
School uniform should be worn every day with the exception of PE days where PE kit can be worn.
Uniform should be selected from the following items:
• Plain black trousers or shorts – Required
• Plain black skirt or pinafore dress – Required
• Red checked dress (in Summer) – Optional
• White polo shirt or blouse – Required
• Plain red sweatshirt or cardigan – Required – School badge – Optional
• Plain black school shoes or closed toe sandals including black training shoes – Required
• Plain white or black socks – Required
• Plain black or navy head scarfs, white may be worn in the summer – Optional
• Plain black shorts/PE skirt or jogging bottoms – Required
• Plain white round neck T-shirt – Required
• Plain black jumper/hooded top – Optional
• Plain white or black sports socks – Required
• Non-marking black or white trainers or plimsolls – Optional
Hair accessories should be discrete, long hair tied back with simple hair bands or clips. Jo-Jo bows are not to be worn, small bows, ribbons or clips in school colours are acceptable.
No jewellery is to be worn except one stud per ear. Parents are asked to ensure that if ears are being pierced it is done at the beginning of the summer holiday so that P.E. & and swimming lessons are not missed. If possible, earrings are to be removed prior to any physical activity.
School Bags – We do sell book bags which are suitable for both reading books and homework, these can be purchased via the shop on ParentMail.
Swimming – Children will need a costume, cap and towel in a bag all clearly named. Swimming caps are available to buy from the shop on ParentMail.